Jia Oak Baker is the author of a forthcoming chapbook, Crash Landing in the Plaza of an Unknown City (Dancing Girl Press, 2015). Her work has appeared or is forthcoming in Profane, Poet Lore, DMQ Review, Likewise Folio, and elsewhere. Jia is the recipient of the 2013 Tucson Festival of Books Literary Award as well as scholarships to the New York State Summer Writers’ Institute and the Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown. She has also been granted a residency from the Wurlitzer Foundation in Taos, New Mexico, for 2015. Jia earned a Masters in Education from Arizona State University and a MFA in Writing and Literature from Bennington College, where she received a Liam Rector Scholarship. She teaches at Paradise Valley Community College and is an editor for Four Chambers Press and an associate editor for the educational website http://www.languageforanewcentury.com.
- Saturday Workshop - Gary Lawrence September 9, 2017 at 9:30 am – 11:30 am GCC Main - LA141
- Traveler Opens for Submissions September 20, 2017
- Open Mic - Featuring Traveler 2017 Winners September 20, 2017 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm GCC Main - SU104
- Saturday Workshop - Renee Rivers October 14, 2017 at 9:30 am – 11:30 am GCC Main - LA141
- Open Mic - Feature Kimberly Williams October 18, 2017 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm GCC Main - SU104
- Saturday Workshop - Kimberly Williams November 4, 2017 at 9:30 am – 11:30 am GCC Main - LA141