Johnnie Clemens May (email@example.com) has an M.A. in creative writing from Indiana University and an M.F.A. in poetry. She has been advisor of the school poetry club and an advisor and poetry judge of The Traveler. Along with having published her own poetry, she has hosted poetry readings at a local coffeehouse, has delivered lectures on poetry to organizations in the community, and has been a student of nationally recognized poets. Several of her students have won awards in poetry and the personal essay.
- Creative Writing Club Meeting October 22, 2018 at 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm GCC Main, 05 Building RM 142
- Creative Writing Club Meeting October 29, 2018 at 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm GCC Main, 05 Building RM 142
- Magical Library Writing Competition Deadline November 2, 2018 Submit here: https://guides.gccaz.edu/creativewriting/writersconnect
- Saturday Workshop November 3, 2018 at 10:00 am – 12:00 pm GCC Main - LA-141 Presented by Laura White
- Creative Writing Club Meeting November 5, 2018 at 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm GCC Main, 05 Building RM 142
- Annual Poetry & Prose Slam November 14, 2018 at 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm GCC Main - SU-104 Competition with prizes