GCC’s Writing Club (or, The Club Formerly Known As Midnight Metaphors) is the student-run creative writing club at Glendale Community College. It is open to all GCC students interested in writing. What do we do, and what can you do as a part of the club? You can:
- Share your work with other writers
- Get feedback on your writing and ideas
- Discover new material and styles and hang for awhile with other writers
- Appreciate great writers and writing and investigate lots of diverse writing techniques
We also talk about publication and contests, have guest speakers, eat food, offer encouragement, engage in readings, go on the occasional field trips, laugh, celebrate, and generally have a good time. You can also be part of the poetry and fiction slam.
Meetings for Fall 2020 will be held virtually every Friday at 4pm. The first meeting will be Friday, September 4th. Join the club’s Discord channel to stay up to date.
- Sarah Heller at email@example.com (President)
- Jeff Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (623) 845-3248 (Faculty Adviser)