GCC’s Writing Club (or, The Club Formerly Known As Midnight Metaphors) is the student-run creative writing club at Glendale Community College. It is open to all GCC students interested in writing. What do we do, and what can you do as a part of the club? You can:
- Share your work with other writers
- Get feedback on your writing and ideas
- Discover new material and styles and hang for awhile with other writers
- Appreciate great writers and writing and investigate lots of diverse writing techniques
We also talk about publication and contests, have guest speakers, eat food, offer encouragement, engage in readings, go on the occasional field trips, laugh, celebrate, and generally have a good time. You can also be part of the poetry and fiction slam.
Club members meet every Thursday from 2:30 to 3:30PM. We meet on GCC Main, in 05-142. For those currently in the club and looking for a way to share your creative work with your fellow members, consider joining members on their Discord channel.
- Brianna Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org (President)
- Jeff Baker at email@example.com or (623) 845-3248 (Faculty Adviser)