After two months of reading and deliberation, we are ready to announce the selections for Issue #53 of the Traveler, GCC’s Arts & Literary Magazine. Thank you to our student and community readers, and to our faculty judges. Thank you to everyone who submitted their creative work and who made these selections so difficult.With over 100 submissions, the process was highly competitive. We hope that those who were not selected this time around will submit again when he Traveler reopens for submissions in Fall.
The authors and stories listed below will be published in the new issue, due out in April 2020. We will also have a celebratory reading on March 18th, open to the public, where the authors can read their winning work.
- 1st Place: “Symbology” by Malka Daskal
- 2nd Place: “Alone” by Shannon Fernando
- 3rd Place: “Antimatter” by Malka Daskal
- Honorable Mention: “Heart of Ice” by Dawn Gibbs
- 1st Place: “Length of a Moment” by Taylor Boucher
- 2nd Place: “The Third Generation” by Malka Daskal
- 3rd Place: “A Tuesday Morning Apocalypse” by Taylor Boucher
- Honorable Mention: “Worthless” by Dawn Gibbs
- 1st Place: “A Decade of Yesterdays” by Bette Griffen
- 2nd Place: “Double-Edged” by Shannon Fernando
- 3rd Place: “Stormy Love” by Angel Fletcher
- Honorable Mention: “Timeless” by Cynthia Herda
- 1st Place: “Sugar Script” by Jacob Nguyen