Introduces the student to elements and techniques of creative writing in a variety of genres; teaches terminology and concepts needed for successful participation in writing workshops; facilitates writing practice and evaluation; offers individual guidance on the student’s development as a writer. Prerequisites: None.
*Try a variety of genres and earn three credits in one month.*
NOTE: The summer 2016 CRW 150 course will be offered with two (free!) Saturday morning Creative Writing workshops, one in June and one in July. These are completely optional and meant to complement the classes. The main course will run from 5/31/2016 through 6/30/2016.
Contact Kimberly Mathes at email@example.com for more information.
General registration has begun for Spring 2016 at GCC. We are offering several creative writing classes, including:
- CRW120 – Introduction to Writing Children’s Literature
- CRW150 – Introduction to Creative Writing
- CRW160 – Introduction to Writing Poetry
- CRW170 – Introduction to Writing Fiction
- CRW190 – Introduction to Screenwriting
- CRW220 – Intermediate Children’s Literature
- CRW260 – Intermediate Poetry Writing
- CRW270 – Intermediate Fiction Writing
- CRW272 – Planning and Structuring the Novel
- CRW273 – Writing the Novel
- CRW274 – Revising the Novel
- CRW290 – Intermediate Screenwriting
There are a variety of online and in-person classes, and classes at both GCC Main and GCC North, so find the section that is the best fit for you. For full course descriptions, availability, instructor information, and class notes, visit our complete list of Spring 2016 creative writing courses.