The Traveler is a student creative arts magazine produced annually by the English and Art Departments of Glendale Community College since 1968. These stories, poems, creative non-fiction and artwork are created by GCC’s multi-talented student body.
Publication in the Traveler is decided by GCC staff judges that are experts in their respective fields. Submissions are accepted every Fall. Fiction and One-Act Plays (Drama) are limited to 3000 words. Creative Nonfiction entries are limited to 2000 words. Flash fiction returns in the new issue with a 500 word limit. Up to three pieces of poetry or artwork can be submitted–with poems not exceeding 67 lines.
Those responsible for this publication believe in artistic freedom of expression. Therefore, we have not censored the contents of The Traveler. We realize, however, it is important that the readers of The Traveler be aware that it contains some content of an adult nature.
Jeff Baker is the GCC CRW coordinator for The Traveler. Feel free to contact him with any questions at email@example.com.
List of winners for 2017-2018:
- First Place: “Merry-Go-Round”, by Sara Steven
- Second Place: “The Bargain”, by Dawn Gibbs
- Third Place: “A Trip to Destiny”, by Cynthia Herda
- Honorable Mention: “Last Call to Ruin Your Life”, by Jordan Johnson
- First Place: “The Devil in October”, by Liesl Nichole Meador
- Second Place: “Memories”, by Liesl Nichole Meador
- Third Place: “Closed Indefinitely”, by Hannah Walkner
- Honorable Mention: “A Call to Savor Family”, by Jeanneane Haley
- First Place: “Hello, You”, by Cara Cisero
- Second Place: “Breathing Space”, by Bryan Swepston
- Third Place: “I See You”, by Felicia Cole
- Honorable Mention: “Texas Hillside”, by Felicia Cole
- Honorable Mention: “I Am”, by Kayla Jensen