This week, the winners of MCCCD’s writing competitions were announced, and GCC is proud to see that four GCC students have been selected by the the judges. We are also thrilled that there is such a healthy crop of writers across the district, and we want to offer special congratulations to GCC’s own:
- Phillip Boddy Jr. for winning 1st Place in the Essay category!
- Eric Bond for winning 1st Place in One-Act Plays/Scripts!
- Raymond Nokes for winning 2nd Place in Fiction!
- Jamie Lee Heath for winning 3rd Place in Fiction!
We hope to see an even greater GCC presence with these awards next year. For a full list of winners, see below.
- Phillip Boddy Jr., GCC, “Our Summer of Love with the Goddess”, 1st Place*
- Amanda Burns, SMCC, “The Frozen Chosen”, 2nd Place
- William Alewyn, MCC, “Lucy’s Nick”, 3rd Place
- Stephen Byrd, CGCC, “The Smell of Freedom”, Honorable Mention
- William Alewyn, MCC, “And in Purgatory”, 1st Place*
- Raymond Nokes, GCC, “New Home”, 2nd Place
- Jamie Lee Heath, GCC, “Fag Country”, 3rd Place
- Spencer Litman, PVCC, “The Monster”, Honorable Mention
- Chaudhry Vidhushi, SCC, “The Shawl Seller”, Honorable Mention
- James Wright, PC, “Ironic, Ain’t It”, Honorable Mention
- John Chakravarty, PC, “Brake Lights”, Honorable Mention
- Valerie Neal, MCC, “Carousel Transitioning into Stage Three”, 1st Place*
- Matthew Hoober, SCC, “Perigee”, 2nd Place
- William Pluchel, SCC, “The Rattle”, 3rd Place
- Howard Gershkowitz, MCC, “A Survivor’s Story. A Railcar’s Introduction”, Honorable Mention
- Kylyn McCarty, MCC, “On the Third Street”, Honorable Mention
- Joy Bickman, MCC, “Hid in a Soft-Sided Suitcase”, Honorable Mention
- Charlotte Coburn, MCC, “Relative Distance”, Honorable Mention
- Eric Bond, GCC, “Potted Plants”, 1st Place*
- Caleb Asay, MCC, “A Moment of Clarity”, 2nd Place
- Ariel Tomb, RSC, “Before You Go”, 3rd Place