Please join everyone from the Traveler staff, literary judges, and the English Department at GCC in congratulating the Traveler winners for 2016-2017. After even more deliberation and competition than last year, the following pieces and writers were selected for publication:
- First Place: “I See You” by Cynthia Herda
- Second Place: “I Was a War Whore” by Charles Hisey
- Third Place: “Crows Don’t Sing” by Wendy Wallace
- Honorable Mention: “Dear Straight Dudes” by Jamie Lee Heath
- Honorable Mention: “Giving Birth to a Sonnet” by Charles Hisey
- First Place: “Skipping Sundays” by Alex Parson
- Second Place: “Zombie Walk” by Sara Dobie Bauer
- Third Place: “Blue Acres” by Maneesha Lele
- First Place: “My Tatum Place” by Tatum Morton
- Second Place: “Gremlin of Doubt” by Ashley Davis
- Third Place: “Summer” by Emma Matthews
- First Place: “Ascendant” by Katelyn Cissel
- Second Place: “Those Three Girls” by Alex Parson
- Third Place: “She of Greatness” by Mary Barreras
To everyone who submitted: all of us with the Traveler sincerely thank you for your submissions. Reading your creative work is a tremendous privilege, and one we do not take for granted. We all sincerely hope to see more of your writing next year. To all of the student staff and the literary judges: Thank you for your tireless efforts!
Keep an eye on the blog for more information regarding the production of the Traveler, the availability of physical copies, and our traditional celebratory reading in October.
Honored to be included!!
We’re honored to have your work!