Today, December 4th, is the FINAL DAY to submit your creative work to The Traveler and the district’s Creative Writing Competition deadline!
You have until 10:59PM to submit your poems, stories, scripts, and creative essays. Winning entries from the district competition go onto the national competition hosted by the League of Innovation. At both levels, the winning students will win cash awards and be published. At the district level, we publish a very nice paperback book of all first through third place entries. Chosen entries from The Traveler submissions will be published in our next issue, set to go into production in the spring.
Things to Know:
- Requirements and submissions page for The Traveler can be found here: www.gccaz.edu/traveler-entry
- Requirements and submissions page for the district competition can be found here: https://mcli.maricopa.edu/arts/creative-writing
- The district creative writing competition awards $300 for first place, $200 for second place, and $100 for third place.
- For submitting to The Traveler, you must have an active GCC email account. It is required by the submission page.
- For submitting to the district competition, you must be an active student in the district, and you must create a CaFE account to submit your entries. Instructions for creating this account can be found at the submission page.
- Both competitions require you to submit your work electronically. There are no physical submissions.
- You are allowed to submit to both competitions at the same time. So, if you are submitting a short story, for example, you can submit it to both The Traveler and the district competition. Do not be shy.